Every Sunday SummerKids provides a safe, fun and relevant Bible based ministry to children aged from 1 year old to year 9. Our aim is that through teaching our children about God and what it means to have a relationship with Him that they will come to know Jesus as their personal Lord and saviour.
Our programme is for 1 year olds that are comfortable leaving their parents to Kindy. Paddlers are just entering the water to learn about God in a way that is fun, forming trust with our volunteers and learning to make friends. Each week the children have a combined worship time after which they move to their own room to have bible lessons, snack time, craft and lots of free play.
This programme is for children in Pre-Primary to Year 6. Nippers are swimming between the flags, learning about God with more structure, developing more confidence in their understanding of the Bible and having fun as they develop their relationships with God and their friends. Each week after a time of combined worship our volunteers provide creative lessons from the Bible using drama, games, craft and small group activities.
Run only during the message part of the service, this programme is for teens in year 7 to 9. As our teens are learning to ride their own waves in life it is important that they have a safe haven of leaders and friends that provide solid biblical principles. Our aim is for the Grommets to feel a part of the church but also have a time when they can share and learn about God in very practical and relevant ways. The teens are encouraged to mature in their faith and commitment to God and serve in all areas of church ministry.
Things you need to know
- SummerKids is a free service and ministry of Summerlakes Church.
- All Children up to year 6 must be checked in electronically before church starts at 9:30am and they will be given a printed name label.
- Parents are always welcome to join us in the programme, however we encourage you to go and enjoy the adult service when your child is settled.
- All children up to year 6 must bring their own water bottle, fruit and hat. Paddlers have their fruit cut up for shared morning tea and Nippers will have a time in the programme when they can eat their own fruit.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to apply sunscreen to their own children.
- A donation of packet of plain sweet or savoury biscuits per child every 6 months would be appreciated.
- Volunteering on roster is not an absolute requirement but due to the small pool of leaders and helpers it would be appreciated if at least one parent helped on roster once every term.
SummeKids is led by Katrina & Rob Merrells and they can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.